The One With The Farewell Party

I was watching the last episode of this season and I realized that farewells are really hard and sad. Next thought that hit my mind was ‘Oh you are leaving too! 4 years in a same college and now is the time to say good bye’ For the benefit of readers I should tell that we had already got the official farewell from our juniors. But I came up with a different idea of giving the farewell to ourselves. Surprisingly that idea was taken well and plans were readily made. Initial plan was to go to some nice place on Thursday. Turned out it was a project day for few so we moved the plan to Monday.
On Monday morning we decided to go to Salt n Pepper, Islamabad. Few people had to leave early while I and other three were supposed to come in a Daewoo shuttle. I was busy in dressing (and coloring) Abbasi’s hair in Photoshop while Abbasi and Pashu were forcing me to get ready. I got up reluctantly and got ready. Four of us met near the main gate and we all left to find Daewoo shuttle. To our disappointment, it turned out that they hadn’t enough seats available. Next option was taxi. The moment we asked one cab driver, hundreds of others swarmed towards us, “Baji kidhar jana he” In the rapid confusion and a lot of fuss, we chose one who was offering lower rates and finally set off for the destination.
It was a long route and cab driver had no idea where the restaurant was. We kept wandering Blue area for a long time before we actually found the place. People had already finished their meal (People, as a fair warning I should tell you, food in that place is not good!). So, we ate (reluctantly), took some pictures, paid our shares and then they all left. All of them except me and one of my best friends whom I have lot of fun with. In my whole academic history I have done more adventures with her than with anybody else. We are the ones who went on a secret luncheon together :p we explored new Daewoo bus stop together. Believe me or not, we did scare a hell out of a Rickshaw driver once. There was one time she was supposed to visit my place but instead I ended up visiting her place. I, she and another good friend had a lot of fun (including taking weird PTI-campaign-pictures of each other in public) at F-10 Markaz right after blowing our exam. That was the day when three of us decided to join PTI after graduation.  And many other little stories like that exist. Well this time our adventure was to invade and explore the PIA building. It is a big, fancy, white building located in Blue area. Plan was to enter the building somehow and take photos with pictures of airplanes :p well that was Pashu’s idea. We got passed the security metal detector and security guard with ease. The security lady on the reception area demanded to check our bags. Pashu handed over hers and she asked suspiciously
Iske andar kia he
Pashu gave the lady her innocent smile and said
Kitaben..
The lady smiled. And that’s all. Pashu’s father came to pick us up. The lady was demanding for more bags but we said ‘No need. Hme lene a gain hn’ Awkward moment. We left without saying another word.
May be the farewell party didn't go the way I imagined, but the fun after that was some real fun. And despite of the tininess of this adventure, it was full of joy and source of good memories…

5 comments:

  1. thank u so much i didnt expected such nice thoughts about me from u :D u surely are one of the most precious friends i have with whom i shared my deepest secrets and u always gave me sincere advice. these things i cant say u face to face cuz ye bohat formal guftago hai aur mujhay tumhari shakal dekh k hasi a jati hai islye itna makhan kafi hai aaj k lye :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :p
      And it feels good to know that you feel the same :)

      Delete
  2. So you, too, went on a secret lunch? I am having some doubts about my info-gathering skills now.
    Nice story, and it seems that we missed the fun part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the phrase 'secret luncheon' is a modified form of the actual phrase :p

      Delete
    2. Also what does 'too' imply here?

      Delete