The One in the Sunday Bazaar

So I went to the famous Itwaar Bazaar the other day. It was an experience. Yes, I will refrain from using any adjective here right now. You can choose yourself based on the following observations I made there:
Well, to give a broader picture, Itwaar Bazaar is really crowded place. There are people everywhere, swarms of people. And it is really loud.
"100 rupay ke dhai kilo. 100 rupay ke dhai kilo. Le lo kharboza 100 rupay ke dhai kilo"
Every shopkeeper shouts constantly. And yet I was able to find a similarity between Itwaar Bazaar and stock exchange. Every seller is granted a cabin like, you know, people in stock exchange (in particular and offices in general). Every seller works like a machine, again like people in stock exchange. (Well, not exactly. Shopkeepers at Itwaar Bazaar work much faster). They shout like financial brokers. (minus the temper thing)
The difference is the mahole. One can observe that there are variety of people in Sunday bazzaar. The sellers in cabins, the buyers, the sellers standing on stairs selling mosquito-killer devices.
"Ye le lo. Machar bhag jai ga", the seller boy said
"Han han bhag jai ga", mocked a woman passing by
Few years ago, make it few months, I used to think that our people are not very decent in general. In fact decency left our country long long time ago. Or may be it was never there. Well, a woman in Itwaar bazaar accidentally bumped into my mother and apologized immediately! She kinda took me by surprise. So, our nation is not completely deprived of decency! Good to know.
A counter example from same day same place:
My dad parked the car in an appropriate place. But then, this guy parked his car right behind my dad's so that there was no room for our car to get out. We told the guy to park somewhere else as we were in hurry but he said he won't be long in there. So, when we were done shopping, we came to know the obvious. The guy's car was still there. And yet our car was not the only example. Many cars were trapped by other cars and motorcycles. My dad took a taxi driver's advice. Khan sahab suggested that we should go to the speaker phone and call the guy by his car's number plate. It was a good suggestion, so my dad went in there.
A counter counter example from same day same place:
My dad returned after two minutes with that guy. It turns out that he luckily ran into the guy. The guy said his sorry and moved his car.
I would say that overall experience of Itwaar bazaar was good. Everyone was in rush and meant his/her own business. The bonus point is the left-out decency and morality. Some people still do care...

3 comments:

  1. Don't tell me you are thinking about becoming a kharbooza vendor now.
    On second thoughts, why not? It seems interesting, and you can acquire the art of recognizing sweet ones.
    Well, polite people do exist, and its so nice to come across one of them now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my friend! I am not interested in becoming kharbooza vendor at all :P

      Delete
    2. I don't agree that decency has left our country. it is scarce because people are so caught up in struggling for their basic needs that they have stopped caring about decency. but still there are people I know who ARE decent and honest despite being poor and underprivileged.
      Of course I am not talking about conductors and drivers on local vans in Pindi. They ARE all very, very bad!!

      YOU are not interested in becoming kharbooza vendor!! really? this is the strangest thing I ever heard about you!

      Delete