The Cricket Mania

While the world cup is going on, my heart beats with every Pakistani wicket taken and all sixes and fours. I kept on telling people that 19 happens to be a very lucky date and here is the proof: Pakistan wins match against Australia after 12 years! Wow! A big victory. After every prayer, I pray for Pakistan's victory, 'Please! Please my Lord! Pakistan should win this World cup!' Ah! My biggest wish nowadays! Let's have a look on the other side of picture! I do get berserk when Afridi is catch out at the moment when he was supposed to stick to the pitch. Well, this is game, one may lose or win.
Few of my friends raised the argument why people get crazy about cricket? Interesting question indeed! Cricket often gets boring, even unbearable. In fact I don't remember being a great fan of the game in remote past. But all the same, I think that it's a part of entertainment. It's the matter of interest; if one enjoys doing blogging, he/she will find it entertaining. And if someone like me likes cricket, he/she will find it enjoyable. I detest football, I will never find it entertaining. We may argue on a scientific theory but we can't argue on our interests. They are different for different people. Well, I think people shouldn't get that crazy as they do. For instance, Indians once had shown violence in the pavilion when India lost her match. Pakistanis are also a bit too passionate. Stories of breaking one's TV's and radios on listening that Pakistan has lost the game are very common. But I do like the idea of praying together, celebrating together and mourning together. It all contains sense of unity. It depicts that we are one nation and our hearts beat simultaneously. We forget our sorrows and griefs when Pakistani team is on the pitch. Our passions converge to one single goal: Victory!

3 comments: